When it comes to wedding planning and budgeting, knowing where to splurge and where to cut costs can be challenging. You may be unsure if you should hire a wedding florist for your floral decor or do it yourself.
Deciding between the two depends on several factors, such as your budget, the scale of the wedding, the time and effort you are willing to put in, and your experience with floral arrangements. Read on to learn which you should opt for and why.
Average Costs of Wedding Flowers From a Florist
The cost of wedding flowers can vary depending on where you live. According to wedding industry statistics, the average cost of wedding flowers in the United States is around $1,500.
However, the cost varies significantly depending on location. For example, the average cost of wedding flowers in Texas is around $1,200, while on the East Coast, it's closer to $1,800. On the West Coast, the average cost of wedding flowers is around $2,500.
Average Cost of Bulk Flowers for Your Wedding
If you decide to DIY your wedding flowers, the average cost varies substantially on where you end up purchasing them from. Knowing where to buy bulk flowers is essential. Some of the best places include Costco, Sam's, Flower Markets, and local florists.
Buying from a flower market allows you to select from a wider variety of flowers, while local florists can provide more personalized service. However, buying from Costco or Sam's is often the most cost-effective option.
Be sure to research and shop around to find the best deals for your wedding flowers.
DIY Wedding Flowers: Pros & ConsPros
- DIYing your wedding flowers can be a great way to save money.
- It gives you complete control over the design of your wedding flowers, so you can ensure they match your style and theme.
- DIYing your wedding flowers requires a lot of time and effort, especially the week of your wedding and the days leading right up to it. Many brides find themselves overwhelmed with other to-dos during that last week before the big day. It may be over zealous to plan to DIY flowers.
- Proper storage is essential to keep your flowers fresh. You may need to invest in cold storage equipment or rent space in a refrigerated room.
- DIYing your wedding flowers can be risky if you don't have experience working with flowers.
Hiring a Wedding Florist: Pros & ConsPros
- Hiring a wedding florist can save you time, effort, and stress, allowing you to enjoy your wedding day and week fully.
- A professional florist has the experience and knowledge to create stunning floral arrangements.
- Florists have access to a wider range of flowers, allowing you to choose from a broader selection of blooms.
- Hiring a wedding florist can sometimes be expensive if you have not done your research.
- You may not have full control over the design of your wedding flowers.
Conclusion: Our Recommendation
While DIYing your wedding flowers can be a great way to save money, it requires a significant investment of time and effort, which can be challenging when you should be enjoying your wedding day with friends and family.
Hiring a wedding florist may be more expensive in the short run, but it saves you time and ensures your wedding flowers look their best. With their expertise and understanding, they can make your wedding vision a reality and produce a lovely and unforgettable experience for you and your guests.
While flowers may be hard to pick, your bridesmaid dresses shouldn’t be! We have gorgeous bridesmaid dresses at The Asher Lane for your big day! Contact us right away to book your appointment and get started!
Photo Source Vendors
Florist : weddingsbylavender.com
Hair & Make Up: teasetoplease.net